This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
If you want to know which cooking equipment and ingredients I use, then shop my kitchen items!
Try out these simple tofu fries with spicy peanut sauce! This recipe is made up of less than 10 ingredients. I love making these on days when I want a quick and healthy lunch. These are also great for meal prepping on the weekends! Let me know what you think!
Tofu Fries Ingredients:
- 1 (14 oz.) Package Firm Tofu
- 1/2 Cup Corn Starch
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Soy Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sriracha
- 1 1/2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs (Type Used: Kikkoman Japanese Style)
- 2 Tbsp. Black Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Soy Milk
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. Sriracha
- Chopped Green Onions (Optional Garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- Cut tofu into strips about the thickness and height of your thumb.
- In a medium bowl add peanut butter and non-dairy milk. Microwave for 30 seconds, stopping every 10 seconds to stir. Once the non-dairy milk and peanut butter are completely combined, add in the sriracha sauce and mix completely.
- In a pie pan add bread crumbs, black sesame seeds, crushed red pepper flakes, and mix to combine.
- Add the cornstarch to a separate pie pan.
- Take a tofu strip and roll it in cornstarch to cover. Once covered in cornstarch, take the tofu strip and add it to the bowl of peanut sauce and cover. Using a fork, lift the covered tofu strip out of the peanut sauce and allow excess to drain off before placing the tofu strip into the bread crumbs and spices mixture. Roll tofu strip to completely coat the outside and then place the strip on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Repeat this process until all tofu strips have been fully coated.
- Place baking pan on center oven rack and bake tofu fries for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping sides every 5 – 10 minutes.
- The coating on the tofu fries will have cooked into the tofu a bit and dried so you’ll want to create some more peanut sauce to dip them in. Use the same peanut sauce recipe and top with chopped green onions if desired.
Note: The side of mushrooms in the photo are called Enoki Mushrooms and I got them from a local Asian Foods Store. I cooked them up with a little olive oil and pepper until they were soft and stringy. They are delicious!