This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
If you want to know which cooking equipment and ingredients I use, then shop my kitchen items!
Try out this easy vegan penne rosa recipe! I love to make penne rosa during the week because it’s so simple and so quick. If you’ve got 30 minutes to feed a family, then you can’t go wrong with this dish. Let me know what you think! Happy Holidays!
- 16 oz. (About 5 Cups) Penne Pasta Noodles
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Small Onion
- 8 oz. Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup (About 10 – 12) Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce
- Cashew Cream (1/3 Cup Raw Cashews + 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Milk)
- 1/2 Cup Water or Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mozzarella Cheese (Optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add pasta noodles. Cook noodles until soft and flexible but still slightly firm. When the noodles are cooked, strain the water out. Rinse noodles and set aside.
- Mince garlic, dice an onion, cut cherry tomatoes into halves, and slice mushrooms. You can use a package of pre-cut mushrooms if you’d like. Set ingredients aside.
- The next step is to create the vegan heavy cream. You can soak cashews overnight and then drain them or cover raw dry cashews with boiling water and allow to soak for 10 to 15 minutes before draining. Add the drained cashews and non-dairy milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place a large frying pan on medium heat and add oil. Once the oil has heated add in the garlic. Cook garlic for about a minute and add in the onion. Allow the onion to become slightly translucent before adding in mushrooms. Continue moving the mushrooms, onion, and garlic around until the mushrooms have slightly decreased in size.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and continue to mix until the tomatoes reduce in size and a lot of the moisture has started to cook out. Reduce heat so that it’s between low and medium.
- When all ingredients in the pan have cooked down, add in the pasta sauce and the vegan heavy cream (blended cashews and non-dairy milk mixture) and stir until all ingredients in pan are well combined.
- Next mix in water or vegetable broth. Add in spices and spinach and stir. Reduce heat to low and allow spinach to wilt. Once the spinach has wilted, add cooked pasta noodles to pan and mix to combine everything.
- Top with vegan non-dairy cheese and serve.