- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread broccoli pieces evenly onto a sheet pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes.*
- While the broccoli is roasting mix all sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- When the timer goes off, remove the pan from the oven and flip the broccoli before placing the pan back in the oven for another 10 minutes.*
- When the timer goes off for the second time, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the cashews onto the pan. Place the pan back in the oven for another 10 minutes.*
- When the timer has gone off for the third time, remove the pan from the oven and pour the sauce evenly onto the broccoli and cashews. Mix the broccoli, cashews, and sauce around to evenly coat all pieces before placing back in the oven for 5 minutes.*
- When the timer has gone off for the final time, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the sesame seeds and green onion onto the broccoli and cashews. Allow at least 5 minutes of cooling before serving. Serve as desired.
- Tamari/Soy Sauce: You can substitute soy sauce for tamari.
- I highly recommend setting a timer since it will be needed a few times during the making of this recipe. Additionally, the timer will be especially helpful towards the end of the recipe to avoid burning the sauce.
- After adding the sauce you can leave the pan in the oven for longer than the recommended 5 minutes, but check on it after every minute beyond the first 5 or the sauce may burn.