This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
If you want to know which cooking equipment and ingredients I use, then shop my kitchen items!
(For two + Only 1 hour cook time)
Most apple cider recipes require several hours of cook time and are made in bulk. This recipe for Simple Spiced Cider takes only one hour of cook time and makes enough to serve two people.
Cider isn’t something most people drink year round. Cider is most commonly enjoyed from fall through winter and especially around the holidays. This Simple Spiced Cider recipe is perfect for the quick, specific-time-of-year fix you need!
Quick Step-By-Step for Making Simple Spiced Cider
Add all ingredients to a medium or large saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat, and simmer for one hour. After simmering, use a potato masher to mash and break up the apples, then strain the liquid. Discard the strained pulp and let the liquid cool at room temperature before placing in the fridge. This recipe makes roughly a half gallon of cider, which is enough for 2 – 4 people.
To make this recipe more fun, use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes from apple slices and add them to your cider!Print
Simple Spiced Cider for two with only 1 hour cook time!
- 3 Apples, cored and cut into eighths
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cloves
- Add all ingredients to a pot or large saucepan. Place the pot over high heat and bring to a low boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Turn the heat off and mash the apples using a potato masher.*
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the contents of the pot into the strainer, allowing the liquid to drain from the strainer. Discard the contents of strainer.
- Pour the liquid from the bowl into a pitcher and serve hot or chill in the fridge before serving. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Mashing the apples: You can also try scooping the apples out of the pot and blending them to get the remaining liquid out. If you do this, you will want to make sure you have a fine mesh strainer to remove excess pulp.
Want more drink recipes? Check out my recipe for Vegan Hot Cocoa for Two!