This pumpkin lentil curry is the perfect recipe for any fall weeknight dinner! This recipe also serves as a great way to use any additional cans of pumpkin puree that might be sitting in your cupboard.
- Place a large saute pan or cooking pot over medium heat and add the onion.* Saute the onion for about 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add curry powder, pumpkin purée, and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Add water, lentils, coconut sugar, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and stir every minute until the mixture reaches a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir to fully combine the lentils and the curry.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the basil. Pair with rice or quinoa or serve as desired.
- *When adding the onion:To make this dish oil-free I used a small amount of water to saute the onion and garlic. If you prefer to use oil, use about a tablespoon to saute.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes