Try out this easy, oil-free chocolate granola! This is great for smoothie bowls, ice cream, trail mix, and more!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add maple syrup, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add in oats and salt and stir to combine.
- Add mixture to a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes. Allow granola to fully cool before adding in chocolate chips.*
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in cupboard for up to 6 months.
- Chocolate Chips: When I first made this recipe I added the chocolate chips to the pan as soon as the granola was taken out of the oven. This was a mistake. I recommend allowing the granola to cool fully before adding chocolate chips. This will help prevent “chocolate bloom” (the white/grey exterior that appears on chocolate due to a quick temperature change).