This simple salted caramel sauce is easy to make and takes only a few minutes!
- Add coconut milk and coconut sugar to a saucepan over high heat and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring often, until the caramel sauce thickens.** Once the caramel has thickened and sticks to a spoon, remove from heat and stir in salt. The caramel sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- *Substitution for Coconut Sugar: You can substitute brown sugar in place of coconut sugar if you prefer, but I think the coconut sugar gives this salted caramel sauce a deeper, richer flavor.
- **Cooking the caramel sauce: You may have to cook the caramel sauce for a little longer than the recommended 5 – 10 minutes depending on the amount of water within the canned coconut milk that you use.