This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
If you want to know which cooking equipment and ingredients I use, then shop my kitchen items!
Spoil yourself on a cold winter day with some delicious and easy vegan hot cocoa for two! This recipe consists of only three ingredients and is ready in minutes.
I’ve been making this recipe for a few weeks and each time I’ve been adding new toppings to make it more customizable and fun!
Notes for Making Perfect Vegan Hot Cocoa for Two
- For this recipe, I added some homemade vegan whipped cream and vegan salted caramel sauce. The vegan whipped cream and vegan salted caramel sauce give this hot cocoa the right amount of sweetness. I prefer that my drinks not be overly sugary, but if you’re not adding whipped cream and/or salted caramel sauce to your drink then I recommend adding a bit more maple syrup or coconut sugar to the cocoa.
- Use quality cocoa powder for a more rich, chocolate tasting hot cocoa. I used dutch-process cocoa powder for this recipe because it has a deeper, more rich cocoa flavor. Dutch-process cocoa powder also makes this drink taste smoother and less powdery/grainy than regular cocoa powder does.
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)Print
This easy 3-ingredient hot cocoa makes enough for two people and is ready in minutes.
- 3 Cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder or Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder*
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. Maple Syrup or Coconut Sugar**
- Coconut or Almond Whipped Cream***
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk to combine.
- Continue whisking until the mixture reaches a low boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and serve.
- *Cocoa Powder: I prefer Dutch-Process cocoa powder because it gives the hot cocoa more of a smooth chocolate flavor.
- **Sweetener: For this recipe, I added 2 tbsp. of maple syrup to the cocoa since the whipped cream and salted caramel sauce are already fairly sweet. This cocoa is mildly sweet with 2 tbsp. of maple syrup. If you want the cocoa to be sweeter, add the full 3 tbsp. of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- ***Non-Dairy Whipped Cream: I was able to find non-dairy whipped cream available at several different grocery stores including Walmart and Target.
Want another hot drink recipe? Check out my Simple Spiced Cider!