This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
If you want to know which cooking equipment and ingredients I use, then shop my kitchen items!
These easy vegan almond butter brownies are soft, fudgy, and delicious. I like making these as a healthier alternative to traditional brownies. I prefer to use almond butter for this recipe because it has a more mellow flavor and it blends in well with the cocoa without being overpowering.
This recipe can be easily adjusted to substitute any other type of nut/seed butter in place of the almond butter.
Choosing a Quality Almond Butter for Vegan Almond Butter Brownies
I purposefully did not link almond butter from Amazon. This is because a lot of the almond butter that I’ve seen that is for sale on Amazon contains added oils, sweeteners, and salt. I prefer to use almond butter without any additives. I choose to use almond butter that only contains almonds or sometimes I will use almond butter that contains almonds and salt. Additionally, of the few brands of almond butter that I’ve seen for sale on Amazon that don’t have additives, I have not yet been able to try them so I don’t want to recommend anything that might not be a quality product. I typically buy the Good & Gather brand of almond butter from target because it lists almonds as the only ingredient.
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)Print
These soft, fudgy almond butter brownies are vegan, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flax and water together to create a flax “egg”. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut sugar, almond butter, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the bowl of wet ingredients along with the flax “egg” to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8 inch or 9 x 9 inch baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper or greased. Use a spoon or spatula to smooth the surface of the brownie mixture until it is evenly distributed within the pan.
- If desired, drizzle additional almond butter on the surface of the brownies then use a butter knife or chopstick to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake for 20 – 23 minutes. Allow at least 10 minutes of cooling before cutting the brownies. Sprinkle with flaky salt, if desired, and serve.
- *Oat Flour: You can use store-bought oat flour or blend oats into a fine flour.
- **Almond Butter: You can use another type of nut/seed butter as a substitution. I prefer to buy almond butter that doesn’t contain added sugar, oil, or salt.
- ***Cocoa Powder: I prefer Dutch-Process cocoa powder because it has a smooth chocolate flavor and it allows more moisture when used in baked goods. Using dutch-process cocoa powder in this recipe makes the brownies even more gooey and fudgy!
Want more sweets? Check out my recipe for Salted Caramel Sauce!