This Crispy Seasoned Pumpkin Gnocchi with Thai Basil is vegan, gluten-free, and contains just 7 ingredients!
Make and boil the gnocchi:
- For this recipe, you’ll want to start with the gnocchi. If you haven’t already, head over to my simple 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Gnocchi recipe and make that first. After the gnocchi is made and has been boiled, set it aside.
Fry the gnocchi:
- Place a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat. For the first batch of fried gnocchi, add half of the oil or vegan butter. Once the oil/vegan butter has heated, add half of the gnocchi.
- Let the gnocchi sit and become crispy for about 1 – 2 minutes on each side before flipping them. If the gnocchi is sticking to the pan when you are trying to flip them, then they may need a little more time.
- After the gnocchi has become crispy on most or all sides, add half of the minced garlic and cook while moving the gnocchi around for 1 to 2 minutes. It’s important that you continue to flip and move the gnocchi around because you don’t want the minced garlic to burn.
- Turn off the heat and add half of the salt and half of the crushed red pepper flakes to the gnocchi and flip/stir to evenly coat.
- Remove the gnocchi from the pan and repeat the previous steps with the second batch of gnocchi until all are cooked.
- When all of the gnocchi has been cooked, add the first batch back to the pan along with the second batch and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with fresh sliced thai basil and serve.
*Pre-cooking note: While making this recipe, I had to fry the gnocchi in two batches because all of it did not fit in the pan. I recommend that you separate the gnocchi, oil/vegan butter, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes into