This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
If you want to know which cooking equipment and ingredients I use, then shop my kitchen items!
This no-bake chocolate peanut butter cup pie is vegan, gluten-free, and consists of only 7 ingredients! This recipe can also be easily made refined sugar-free by using non-dairy chocolate that doesn’t contain added refined sugar, such as Hu Chocolate Gems.
I decided to use soft silken tofu for this recipe because I wanted to create a thick, creamy filling without having to use coconut milk. Peanut butter and chocolate chips already have fat in them so adding coconut milk would have meant adding even more fat to this recipe. Silken tofu also has nutritional benefits. For example, this recipe uses 2 packs of silken tofu. Each pack of tofu contains 28 grams of protein, so 56 grams of total protein. That means that each slice of pie contains approximately 7 grams of protein which is slightly more protein than 1 large egg.
Making No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie
To start this recipe, make the chocolate peanut butter cups and set them aside to cool while you make the pie crust. Add all pie crust ingredients to a food processer and pulse until well combined. Add the pie crust mixture to a pie pan and press until all of the pie crust is evenly covering the pie pan.
Next, make the filling. Add all peanut butter filling ingredients to a food processer and blend until smooth. Scrape the contents of the food processer into a bowl and set aside. Make the chocolate filling by adding all ingredients to a food processer and blending until smooth. Add the chocolate filling to a bowl and set aside. Spoon peanut butter filling and chocolate filling into the pie crust, alternating each spoonful. When all filling has been added, use a chopstick or butter knife to create a swirl pattern on the surface of the filling.
Lastly, chop the chocolate peanut butter cups into small pieces and sprinkle them on top of the pie. Cover the pie with a pie pan lid or with plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Notes About This Recipe
- As mentioned, this recipe is made using only 7 essential ingredients. The crust, filling, and chocolate peanut butter cup topping all use part of the same ingredients.
- This recipe is vegan and gluten-free. When using oat flour or blending your own oats, make sure to check the allergy information to avoid oats that have been cross contaminated with food products containing gluten.
- To get the best texture and flavor from this recipe, I recommend chilling the pie in the fridge overnight before serving.
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)
- Oat Flour
- Maple Syrup
- Silken Tofu
- Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips or Non-Dairy Chocolate Gems (Refined Sugar-Free)
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
Want more sweet recipes? Check out this recipe for Oil-Free Pretzel Chocolate Chunk Cookies!