These easy no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars are vegan and gluten-free!
Make the peanut butter layer:
- Add the peanut butter, oat flour, maple syrup, and salt to a food processor and blend until a dough ball forms.
- Line a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and add the peanut butter dough mixture. Press the mixture into a smooth, even layer.
Two ways to melt the chocolate:
- Melt in the microwave: Add the chocolate chips to a bowl and place in the microwave, stirring every 10 seconds, until approximately 80% of the chocolate has melted. Stir until the remaining chocolate is fully melted.
- Melt on the stovetop: Add the chocolate chips to a bowl and place the bowl over a small saucepan with simmering water and stir until melted.
Put it all together:
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the peanut butter layer in the baking pan.
- Add any additional toppings if desired and chill in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours before cutting into bars and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
*Peanut Butter Substitution: You can substitute almond butter in place of peanut butter in this recipe.
**Oat Flour: You can buy oat flour on Amazon or in most grocery stores. You can also make your own oat flour by blending 2/3 cup of oats into a fine flour.