These simple Rainbow Veggie Wraps are vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make! This recipe is made up of 10 ingredients and makes 6 – 8 servings.
- 1 (14 – 16 oz.) Package Firm or Extra Firm Tofu, drained
- 3 Tbsp. Tamari/Dark Soy Sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 – 2 Tsp. Avocado Oil*
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes or Sriracha (optional)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Large Carrots, shredded or thinly sliced into strips
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- Purple Cabbage, Shredded or Purple Sauerkraut**
- Burrito Tortillas (gluten-free if preferred)
Prepare the tofu:
- Turn the tofu block so that the widest part is horizontal and laying flat on the cutting board. Cut the tofu into long, thin rectangular pieces (approximately 6 – 8 pieces). Place the tofu between clean kitchen towels or paper towels and press for 10 – 15 minutes.
- After pressing, cut the rectangular pieces of tofu in half. The tofu pieces should still be long rectangular strips but you should now have a total of 12 – 24 pieces.
- Add the tofu to a plate and evenly drizzle with the tamari/soy sauce. Let the tofu soak for 5 minutes, rotating often.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Add the tofu and cook for 1 – 3 minutes on each side until slightly crispy.
- When the tofu is done cooking on all sides, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate to cool.
Put it all together:
- Add hummus to a large burrito tortilla. Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes or add a drizzle of sriracha if desired.
- Add tomato slices, shredded carrot/thin carrot strips, bell pepper strips, lettuce/sprouts, shredded purple cabbage/sauerkraut, and 2 – 4 tofu strips.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla inward and roll closed from the bottom into a tight wrap. You can also roll the wrap in parchment paper if you prefer. Cut in half and serve.
- Store any leftover veggies and tofu strips in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. I do not recommend making several veggie wraps at once and storing in the fridge because they will get soggy and go bad very quickly. Instead, simply put all ingredients together in a tortilla and wrap it up the day that you intend on eating it.
*Avocado Oil Substitution: You can use vegetable, canola, grapeseed, or olive oil in place of avocado oil if you prefer.
**Sauerkraut: I used a small amount of sauerkraut when making these veggie wraps, but if you are not a fan of sauerkraut, then I would recommend using shredded purple cabbage instead. Sauerkraut has a very strong taste so if you’re not sure if you would like it, it’s best to use shredded purple cabbage.